Coachella Music Festival Weekend 1 was this past weekend, and even though I enjoyed seeing Madonna make out with Drake and hearing Kygo’s collab. with Dillion Francis + James Hersey…I particularly wanted to see what style trends emerged from festival attendees. Last year I posted this festival inspired look, but a lot of the styles and trends have changed! Below are some of my favorites for 2015.
1. White Lace + Crochet -Virtually there is no better outfit in the summer than all white. I am loving the endless white crochet and lace options at stores right now.
2. Updated Fedora– Trade in your flower headbands for an updated fedora. Keep the brim less floppy and more structured than last season’s for a more up-to-date look.
3. Americana 2.0 – While the American flag is always in, I am a fan of an updated look with denim, a vintage rock tee and a flannel around the waist. Pair this look with some bad ass booties, like these Jeffery Campbell ones.
4. Fringe everything– I love fringe on pretty much anything, but as a rule of thumb I personally like to wear only one fringe item at a time. I am a big fan of some of the bags I’ve seen with fringe…my favorite being this backpack from Mango.
5. Kimonos + Crops– Throwing on a crop with an easy kimono is a cute breezy look that can easily take you from day to night.
6. Gypsy Jewelery– Feathery, light, coin-inspired jewelery….pair it with flash tattoos.
7. Pattern Swimwear– Mara Hoffman has great patterned/cut out one pieces that can serve as both beach wear and cute shirts. I also have a thing for Tigers so although slightly strange, love this one.
8. Beachy Maxi’s– Alessandra Ambrosio is queen of rocking awesome, airy maxis..try one like this for spring/summer.
9. Light Denim– The trend for spring denim is to go lighter! Try a pixie cut ripped pair, like the ones below.
10. Shoes – Platform sneakers, booties, high tops, and laced up sandals.